It doesn’t get any better than homegrown! Our garden is definately a family affair. It gives us a chance to be together and work for the benefit of the family. We love the thought of planting, watching the seedlings sprout, harvesting and then sitting down together at the table enjoying our homegrown feast.
One of my favorite veggies is green beans, the way Mom and Grandma used to make them. It’s not heart healthy, but it sure is good!
- Homegrown green beans (or 2 cans)
- Butter – 1/2 stick
- Drain all the water from green beans
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat – don’t burn
- Add chopped onions and chopped bacon (I’ve never browned my bacon- Grandma didn’t)
- Add green beans
- Let simmer for at least an hour on low heat until the green beans soak up all the goodness